Rial Fitch is the owner of Mount Pleasant Seafood in SC. This is his full interview from the SCETV documentary "Sea Change."
Some questions addressed in the video include:
- What changes have you seen over time?
- What species are more commonly seen now?
- Have you see any changes in the availability or the types of shellfish you are working with?
- What stories do you hear from people who go out and catch the fish?
- Do you talk to your competitors about this?
- How does the area's overall economy impact your business?
- Does catastrophic weather impact supply and demand?
- Are people becoming more aware of the types of fish migrating here due to climate change?
- What species are more present here now? What is the possibility that those species become more marketable for you?
- What is the economic impact of all this?
- As a small business owner, do you ever get concerned about the impacts this has on development?
- Are people still interested in commercial fishing?
- Is there a need for coordination between the states or fisheries?