Melvin Bell works in the Office of Fisheries Management at The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR). This is his full interview from the SCETV documentary "Sea Change."
Some questions addressed in the video include:
- What does your job entail?
- Has your position become more complicated because of what we are seeing with climate change?
- What impacts do you see on specific species?
- Do fishermen ever come to you to ask about questions relating to climate change?
- What impacts are you seeing in the estuary areas?
- What is the message you want to get out?
- Are people thinking about making those types of decisions?
- Do you have a personal anecdote about sea level rise?
- Is sea level rising at a faster pace? What would the immediate impacts be?