Myrtle Beach City Council member Mary Jeffcoat. This is her full interview from the SCETV documentary "Sea Change."
The following questions were addressed in the video:
- What brought you to become involved in the City Council?
- How would you describe the residents of Myrtle Beach and the surrounding area in terms of their awareness of climate change?
- What is your position on climate change?
- What do you believe would be some of the primary impacts of climate change in the Greater Grand Strand area?
- Are there any types of initiatives going on in the Myrtle Beach area to mitigate the potential impacts of climate change?
- Is there anything you would like add about the subject of climate change?
- How should the messaging be changed in order to convince those who doubt the impact of climate change?
- Myrtle Beach is driven by tourism and has a lot of corporate investments along the shore and inland. What roles does the corporate investment play in responding to the resiliency question?