At the battle of Fishdam Ford on the Broad River, Thomas Sumter had an opportunity to get personal revenge on a man who hours earlier had attempted to kill him. This segment depicts the events that led to the incident and the manner in which General Sumter handled the situation.
- 3-3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the American Revolution and South Carolinas role in the development of the new American nation.
- 3-3.0 People establish governments to provide stability and ensure the protection of their rights as citizens. To understand the causes and results of the American Revolution on South Carolina, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set fort...
- 4.2 Demonstrate an understanding of the identity of a new nation, including the state of South Carolina between 17301800.
- 8-2 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the causes of the American Revolution and the beginnings of the new nation, with an emphasis on South Carolinas role in the development of that nation.
- 8-2.0 The events surrounding the American Revolution transformed British colonists into American citizens. To understand South Carolinas pivotal role in this process, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the following indicators:
- 8.2 Demonstrate an understanding of how South Carolinians and Americans created a revolutionary form of government during the period of 1757 1815.