The Reenactment: The opening scene is the Hot and Hot Fish Club at Waccamaw Neck, c.1850. Young Paul Weston is playing a game of billiards with Hugh Fraser and lamenting his father's recent death.They discuss plantation life, rice and slavery.
This was excerpted from the full version, Rice Cultivation.
- 3-2 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the exploration and settlement of South Carolina.
- 3-2.0 The inhabitants of the early Carolina colony included native, immigrant, and enslaved peoples. To understand how these various groups interacted to form a new and unique culture, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the...
- 3-4 The student will demonstrate an understanding of life in the antebellum period, the causes and effects of the Civil War, and the impact of Reconstruction in South Carolina.
- 3-4.0 South Carolina played a key role in events that occurred before, during, and after the Civil War; and those events, in turn, greatly affected the state. To understand South Carolinas experiences during this tumultuous time, the student will utili...
- 4.1 Demonstrate an understanding of the settlement and colonization of North America, including South Carolina, between 16001730.
- 8.1 Demonstrate an understanding of the development of South Carolina during the settlement and colonization of North America in the period of 1500 1756.