Francis Marion was involved in a number of skirmishes that caught the enemy off guard, forced them to reckon with him, thus allowing other patriot forces to conduct their missions with greater success. This segment shows how Marion received the nickname "Swamp Fox."
- 3-3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the American Revolution and South Carolinas role in the development of the new American nation.
- 3-3.0 People establish governments to provide stability and ensure the protection of their rights as citizens. To understand the causes and results of the American Revolution on South Carolina, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set fort...
- 4.2 Demonstrate an understanding of the identity of a new nation, including the state of South Carolina between 17301800.
- 8-2 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the causes of the American Revolution and the beginnings of the new nation, with an emphasis on South Carolinas role in the development of that nation.
- 8-2.0 The events surrounding the American Revolution transformed British colonists into American citizens. To understand South Carolinas pivotal role in this process, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the following indicators:
- 8.2 Demonstrate an understanding of how South Carolinians and Americans created a revolutionary form of government during the period of 1757 1815.