Francis Marion was involved in a number of skirmishes that caught the enemy off guard, forced them to reckon with him, thus allowing other patriot forces to conduct their missions with greater success. This segment shows how Marion received the nickname "Swamp Fox."
- 3-3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the American Revolution and South Carolina’s role in the development of the new American nation.
- People establish governments to provide stability and ensure the protection of their rights as citizens. To understand the causes and results of the American Revolution on South Carolina, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in ...
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into the process which led to the formation of the U.S. government, including the convening of the Continental Congresses, the passage of the Articles of Confederation, and the adoption of the U.S. Constitution.
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into the influence of taxation and regulation in the colonial independence movement leading to the Declaration of Independence and the beginning of the American Revolution.
- This indicator was designed to encourage inquiry into the economic, political, and social roles of colonial groups, to include free and enslaved people of African descent, Native Americans, and women, during the revolutionary period.
- 8-2 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the causes of the American Revolution and the beginnings of the new nation, with an emphasis on South Carolina’s role in the development of that nation.
- The events surrounding the American Revolution transformed British colonists into American citizens. To understand South Carolina’s pivotal role in this process, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the following indica...
- 8.2.CE Explain the economic, political, and social factors surrounding the American Revolution.
- 8.2.CO Compare the motives and demographics of loyalists and patriots within South Carolina and the colonies.