Green Energy Biofuel recycles waste vegetable oil and cooking oil into usable, clean biofuel. Company founder, "Bio Joe" Renwick has dedicated years to researching and perfecting biofuel production. He explains the transportation and logistics part of the operation that includes a fleet of trucks, each with its own specific function.
- All materials, energy, and fuels that humans use are derived from natural sources, and their use affects the environment in multiple ways. Some resources are renewable over time, and others are not.
- WG-6 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the processes, patterns, and functions of human settlement.
- Human settlements, both urban and rural, vary in their type, pattern, settlement process, and function. To understand the interconnections among these systems, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the following indicators:
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into how a state measures development by analyzing economic, social, and demographic factors. This indicator also promotes inquiry into development trends. Equally important is inquiry into gender disparities.
- Examples of factors that affect the management of natural resources could include costs of resource extraction and waste management, per-capita consumption, and the development of new technologies. Examples of factors that affect human sustainability could include agricultural efficiency, levels of conservation, urban planning, as well as local and international policies.