Captain Bobby Wampler is a Region Commander at the Lexington County EMS. Years ago, after his oldest son had heart surgery, Wampler became exposed to the hospital and health care environment. Inspired by their care, he signed-up for a basic EMT class at Midlands Technical College. Today, as a region commander, he provides emotional support, logistical support, and manpower support for the personnel out in the field.
"A lot of folks who get into this are individuals with caring hearts and giving hearts. So to me, caring and being surrounded by those individuals is what makes me happy, what makes me feel successful in my career."
- CM.C Connecting - I can connect musical ideas and works to personal experience, careers, culture, history, and other disciplines.
- CM.C.9 I can relate music to other arts disciplines, content areas, and career path choices.
- 2-2 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the structure and function of local, state, and national government.
- Knowledge of the structure and functions of government enables participation in the democratic process. To participate effectively in civic life, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the following indicators:
- 8.IC.6.1 Identify traditional and nontraditional careers that use computer science (e.g., computer science in agriculture, medical, and public safety fields).