Main Building of Anderson College | History of SC Slide Collection

Main Building of Anderson College
Image icon Download (84.96 KB)
Share to google classroom

Description/Standards Tabs

Description

The main building of Anderson College. Founded as Johnson Female Seminary in 1848, the school was later adopted by the Saluda Baptist Association, which planned to begin a Baptist institution for girls. In 1912, the school was formally named Anderson Junior College.

Courtesy of the South Caroliniana Library.

More in this Series