Elementary School Class at Everett School | History of SC Slide Collection
An elementary school class at the Everett School in Winnsboro completes a class project in the 1950s. The Everett School was built in the Winnsboro Mills village in 1922. There had been a one-room school at the Fairfield Cotton Mill as early as 1900. When the mill was sold to new owners in 1916 and the village expanded, the school population grew too large for the five teachers and two story frame building they occupied. The ten classrooms built in 1922 were also quickly outgrown, and by the 1950s the Everett School had been expanded to twenty-two classrooms, an auditorium, a home economics laboratory, and a textile school workshop.
Courtesy of Uniroyal Goodrich Tire Manufacturing.