Greenville Women's College, photographed on May 15th, 1908. Established in 1854 by the South Carolina Baptist Convention, Greenville Baptist Female College opened in February 1856, on this site originally donated by Vardry McBee to the Greenville Academies. Its name was changed to Greenville Women's College in 1914. It was coordinated with Furman University in 1933, merged with Furman in 1938, and moved in 1961 to the consolidated campus six miles north of town. From the Baptist Historical Collection.
Courtesy of the Furman University Archives Special Collections Department.