Chicora College | History of SC Slide Collection

Chicora College
Image icon Download (76.05 KB)
Share to google classroom

Description/Standards Tabs

Description

In 1890, the Presbyterian Synod of South Carolina purchased the Hampton-Preston Mansion on Blanding Street from the Ursuline Sisters who had used it as a convent since the end of the war, and installed there a Presbyterian College for Women, later to be called Chicora College.

Courtesy of the South Caroliniana Library.

More in this Series