Lander College | History of SC Slide Collection
Lander College, in Greenwood, was founded in Anderson County by Dr. Samuel Lander for the Upper South Carolina Methodist Conference in 1873 as the Williamston Female College. When it moved to Greenwood in the early 20th century, its name was changed to honor its founder. This photograph is from a postcard view taken around 1910.
Courtesy of the South Caroliniana Library.