At the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
1. Define the following vocabulary words
2. Identify reliable nutrition and physical activity educational resources.
3. Identify the different food groups.
4. Categorize foods by food group
How about you, can you rock the Blast Off game?
- 1.N-1.1.1 Identify the different food groups.
- N-1.1.2 Explain the importance of choosing healthy foods and beverages, including water.
- N-1.1.5 List ways to be physically active every day.
- N-2.1.1 Identify eating behaviors that promote health, including oral health.
- N-3.1.2 Use the current federal Dietary Guidelines for Americans to identify the number of servings from each food group that children need daily.
- N-4.1.4 Explain the interrelationship among food intake, physical activity, and health.
- N-5.1.2 Identify the benefits of following the current federal Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- N-3.3.1 Identify places to access accurate information on healthy eating and physical activity.
- 5.N-4.5.2 Predict the effects of nutritional choices on an individual’s health, including oral health.
- N-1.6.1 Set a goal to consume healthy foods and beverages, including water.
- N-2.6.1 Set a goal to eat the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables every day.
- 7.N-5.7.1 Demonstrate food choices and physical activity behaviors that reduce or help eliminate health risks, including obesity and tooth decay.
- N-3.8.1 Explain to others why healthy eating and physical activity are important.