Students will gain an understanding on the importance of limiting screen time (watching TV, playing on the computer, video games, etc.) while learning to become more physically active.
Are you limiting screen time to two hours or less per day? What can you do to be more physically active each day?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
Kindergarten, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Projector to show a video clip to the whole group
Hula hoops, Jump ropes, Basketballs and/or soccer balls, Chalk and/or tape
- N-2.1.3 Explain the importance of limiting one’s screen time and increasing physical activity.
- N-K.1.3 Explain why the body needs daily physical activity.
- N-1.1.5 List ways to be physically active every day.
- N-3.1.5 Explain ways to be physically active daily and limit screen time.
- N-4.1.5 Describe the benefits of choosing a variety of ways to be physically active.
- N-1.6.2 Set a goal to reduce screen time and be physically active every day.
- N-3.6.2 Develop a goal to choose healthy foods and beverages, reduce screen time, and be physically active.
- N-K.6.2 Set a goal to reduce screen time.
- N-4.6.2 Create a goal and track progress to reduce screen time and increase daily physical activity.
- N-5.4.2 Discuss with family members and peers ways to minimize screen time and be physically active.