At the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
1. Define nutritious, sodium, healthy foods, snacks, high blood pressure, heart disease, and obesity.
2. Read a Nutrition Fact Label.
3. Describe the health benefits of limiting salt consumption.
What do you have for snack today? Do you think it is high in salt?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
Kindergarten, 1, 2
1. Eating healthier and feeling better using the Nutrition Facts Label
2. Nutrient Search
3. Is Your Food A Healthy Choice?
4. Salt and Sodium
5. Sodium Word Search
- N-K.1.2 Define the terms healthy foods.
- N-1.1.2 Explain the importance of choosing healthy foods and beverages, including water.
- N-1.6.1 Set a goal to consume healthy foods and beverages, including water.
- 7.N-K.7.1 Demonstrate the ability to select healthy foods.
- N-2.7.1 Demonstrate healthy food and beverage choices for meals and snacks.
Lesson Partners: Knowitall.org