At the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
1. Define the following vocabulary words protein, amino acids, essential amino acids, complete protein, and incomplete proteins.
2. Describe the make-up and functions of proteins.
3. Identify rich sources of protein.
Who do you think will win? Did you go lean with protein today?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
- N-1.1.1 Identify the food groups.
- N-1.1.5 List ways to be physically active every day.
- N-3.1.5 Explain ways to be physically active daily and limit screen time.
- N-2.1.1 Identify eating behaviors that promote health, including oral health.
- N-2.7.1 Demonstrate healthy food and beverage choices for meals and snacks.
Lesson Partners: Knowitall.org