Students can define: nutritious, energy, fruit, and healthy foods and snacks. Students will identify the fruit portion of MyPlate and identify the health benefits of eating a variety of fruits.
What is your favorite fruit to snack on?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
Kindergarten, 1, 2, 3
A projector to show a video clip
A device per student or group of students with google drive
- N-K.1.2 Define the terms healthy foods.
- N-1.1.1 Identify the food groups.
- N-1.1.2 Explain the importance of choosing healthy foods and beverages, including water.
- N-2.1.1 Identify eating behaviors that promote health, including oral health.
- N-3.1.3 Categorize food choices by food group.
- N-2.7.1 Demonstrate healthy food and beverage choices for meals and snacks.
Lesson Partners: Knowitall.org