Existing for half a million years, bison have been a symbol of wild America. These resilient creatures were on the verge of extinction but despite all odds, they have survived. Although it may seem difficult to imagine, these massive animals previously roamed the South Carolina foothills and can now be spotted grazing at one of the wildest ranches in the Palmetto state.
- 2-LS4-1. Make observations of plants and animals to compare patterns of diversity within different habitats.
- 3-LS4-4. Make a claim about the effectiveness of a solution to a problem caused when the environment changes and affects organisms living there.
- 7-LS2-4 Construct an argument supported by empirical evidence that changes to physical or biological components of an ecosystem affect populations.
- 7-LS2-5 Evaluate competing design solutions for maintaining biodiversity and ecosystem services.
- B-LS2-7 Design, evaluate, and refine a solution for reducing the impacts of human activities on biodiversity and ecosystem health.
- B-LS4-6 Create or revise a simulation to test a solution to mitigate adverse impacts of human activity on biodiversity.