Students will gain an understanding of the importance of physical activity and how it connects to the foods they eat. They will participate in an activity and then work together to create a class book identifying variety of food choices..
What are some foods that are a variety of colors? What other activities do you need to fuel up after activity outside?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
1, 2, 3
A projector for the teacher to show a video clip.
A device for each student or each group of students with google drive.
- N-1.1.1 Identify the food groups.
- N-1.1.2 Explain the importance of choosing healthy foods and beverages, including water.
- N-2.1.1 Identify eating behaviors that promote health, including oral health.
- N-3.1.3 Categorize food choices by food group.
- N-3.6.2 Develop a goal to choose healthy foods and beverages, reduce screen time, and be physically active.
Lesson Partners: Knowitall.org