Students will define vegetable, vitamin, and mineral. They will be able to identify the vegetable portion of MyPlate. They will also describe the health benefits of eating a variety of vegetables.
How do you vary your veggies? Are you making healthy choices by eating a rainbow of colorful vegetables and fruits everyday?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
Kindergarten, 1, 2, 3, 5
1 Device per student/groups of students
- N-1.1.1 Identify the food groups.
- N-2.1.1 Identify eating behaviors that promote health, including oral health.
- N-2.7.1 Demonstrate healthy food and beverage choices for meals and snacks.
- N-3.1.3 Categorize food choices by food group.
- N-5.1.2 Identify the benefits of following the current federal Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- N-5.7.1 Demonstrate healthy food and beverage choices along with physical activities that reduce or help eliminate health risks, including obesity and tooth decay.
- N-K.5.1 Demonstrate steps taken when selecting healthy foods.
Lesson Partners: Knowitall.org