Students will gain an understanding of muscles, bones, endurance and health-related fitness. They will describe how physical activity helps build strong bones and muscles. They will also identify ways to be active inside and outside.
What can you do inside on a rainy day to be physically active?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
Kindergarten, 1, 2, 3
A projector for the teacher to show a video
A device for each student using google drive
- N-1.1.5 List ways to be physically active every day.
- N-K.1.3 Explain why the body needs daily physical activity.
- N-K.6.1 Set a goal to be active at recess.
- N-2.1.2 Identify physical activities that promote the key components of health-related fitness.
- N-2.3.1 Locate places where children and families can be physically active.
- N-3.1.5 Explain ways to be physically active daily and limit screen time.
- N-2.6.2 Set a goal to participate regularly in active play and enjoyable physical activities.
Lesson Partners: Knowitall.org