Students will define bean, protein and meat alternatives. They will identify different types of beans.
Do you eat beans as the protein in your meals? What beans to you like?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
1, 2, 3
A projector to show a video clip
One device per student or group
- N-1.1.1 Identify the food groups.
- N-2.1.1 Identify eating behaviors that promote health, including oral health.
- N-3.1.3 Categorize food choices by food group.
- N-2.2.1 Describe ways that the media, school, and community influence an individual’s food choices both positively and negatively.
- N-2.7.1 Demonstrate healthy food and beverage choices for meals and snacks.
Lesson Partners: Knowitall.org