ON KNOWITALL.ORG, OUR CONTENT CAN BE ACCESSED IN NUMEROUS WAYS!
We’d like to focus your attention on all the ways to do so, in this update from KnowItAll.org.
FIRST, WE’D LIKE TO FOCUS ON OUR SERIES & OUR COLLECTIONS!
We call them the “heart” and “soul” of KnowItAll and we’d like to encourage you to explore them!
Our Series page makes it easy to quickly scroll down and view the graphics and Series titles to see which Series you want to view in detail.
Click on a few titles and you will see that the descriptions make it easy to see what you’ve found!
Our Collections provide content around a specific topic or theme. The Collections make it easy to locate exactly the content that interests you!
Examples of Collections include African American History, All Interactives, Animal Lovers, Archaeology and many more. Try exploring these from A to Z!
NEXT – BY SUBJECT AREA
In August, we completed the addition of Topics and Subtopics to our search by Subject area.
To locate content by Subject Area, click on Browse by Grade and Subject at the top of the home page.
Then delve deeper into our Subjects by selecting the Topics and Subtopics that are displayed beneath each Subject area. Continue clicking down the list until you see the Topic or Subtopic you need.
YOU CAN ALSO VIEW BY GRADE LEVEL
Each month, our Factoids provide some excursions to resources that just might surprise you! And some may be resources you wouldn’t have thought to explore on KnowItAll.org–until you have a reason to!
The resources you’ll find on KnowItAll.org make it possible to turn an unexpected moment of exploration into a learning experience! Try it and see!
Our September observances provide a multitude of opportunities to learn—and quite a variety of topics from which to choose!
You may be surprised by the number of observances that are celebrated this month—and the resources that are available on so many topics!
- September observances include National V-J Day, National Wildlife Day, National Read a Book Day and National Grateful Patient Day.
- One that we’d like to call your attention to, in particular, is International Literacy Day, which provides an opportunity to explore our Libraries, Literature & Learning Collection. Explore the numerous resources you can locate - just one click away!
- We’d also like to provide you the opportunity to remember our heroes from Sept. 11, 2001.
- Starting on September 15 and continuing through October 15, we celebrate our Hispanic Heritage!
Resources from our Hispanic Heritage Collection include:
- Marcelo Novo
- Miriam Barbosa
- Nuestro Futuro (Our Future)
- Circle of Inheritance
- Flu PSAs (Spanish Subtitles)
- Foreign Language: Spanish
- La Ropa Sucia
- Hispanic Heritage | Periscope
- Santa Elena (South Carolina)
- St. Augustine (Florida)
- For God, Glory and Gold
- Conquistadors and Explorers: SC Under the Spanish Flag
- Pendleton: Upcountry Heritage
- Spanish Beginner | SciShorts in Foreign Languages
- Spanish Intermediate | SciShorts in Foreign Languages
- Spanish | Standard Deviants TV
- Spanish Language Scholastic Series - Spanish
South Carolina educators: Be sure to register for an account on KnowItAll.org to gain access to resources that are available only to SC educators.
- KnowItAll.org also has content on these observances, all of which are celebrated in September: International Day of Democracy, National Neonatal Nurses Day, National Online Learning Day, Constitution Day, National Dance Day, Responsible Dog Ownership Day, International Day of Peace, Elephant Appreciation Day, World Rhino Day, International Day of Sign Languages, Bill of Rights Passed - 1789, National Public Lands Day, National Family Health & Fitness Day USA, World Tourism Day and International Translation Day.
HOW CAN YOU EASILY LOCATE THESE RESOURCES TIED TO OBSERVANCES?
Just visit our KnowItAll Factoids!
The images below represent content featured for the September observances.
NEW ON KNOWITALL
This month, we have three important additions we’d like to tell you about!
1. Spanish Translations are currently being added to KnowItAll.
Please visit the Spanish Translations Collection to view the resources that are currently available. As Spanish Translations are added, you will notice that programs will be listed under our Spanish Translations Tab; however, this is a work-in-progress. Resources with Spanish Translations will be continually added in the months ahead.
2. KnowItAll has a new way to locate our new content!
From the top of the home page, click on the magnifying glass, and when the search box opens, click on the magnifying glass again, and the results will come up, showing all of the assets available on KnowItAll.org. The newest content will appear at the top of the results. Just scroll down to view all of the content that is new to you!
Saddam Hussein's military forces invaded and occupied Iraq's next door neighbor Kuwait on August 2, 1990. This invasion was immediately condemned by the United Nations, and an Allied Coalition was formed with the purpose of driving Saddam out of Kuwait.
This edition of History in a Nutshell explores the reasons behind Saddam's invasion of Kuwait, and the process behind the Coalition's response to Saddam's aggression.
Coming soon is an interview with U.S. Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Joel "Rally" Rush - a A-10 Thunderbolt pilot who destroyed Iraqi tanks during the Persian Gulf War!
Educators, so far we've only covered ways to explore our CONTENT.
Be sure to view our LESSONS, too!
You'll also see Featured Lessons on this page.
TO GET THE MOST OUT OF KNOWITALL, BE SURE TO EXPLORE THESE AREAS!
Knowitall.org features over 9,000 mobile-friendly videos, worksheets, and interactives for preK-12. Now you can drill down to the specific Topics and Subtopics you’re interested in.
Find topical content and lessons grouped together for your convenience. These are available all year long for your planning purposes.
Lesson plans for teachers that meet South Carolina standards.
Find featured content and helpful information on using KnowItAll.org throughout the month!
From the top of the home page, click on the magnifying glass, and when the search box opens, click on the magnifying glass again, and the results will come up, showing all of the assets available on KnowItAll.org. The newest content will appear at the top of the results. Just scroll down to view all of the content that is new to you! Visit often, so you won’t miss a thing!
We welcome your questions and comments! We would love to hear from you!
The Learning Continues on KnowItAll.org!