Students will define physical activity, moderate physical activity, and vigorous physical activity. They will learn the recommended amount of time for physical activity daily and practice multiple ways to get it.
What about you? Do you get the recommended 60 minutes of physical activity daily?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
A projector for the teacher to show a video clip
A device per group of students with internet access
- N-1.1.5 List ways to be physically active every day.
- N-1.2.1 List ways that a persons family and friends can influence childrens food choices and physical activity.
- N-1.6.2 Set a goal to reduce screen time and be physically active every day.
- N-2.3.1 Locate places where children and families can be physically active.
- N-2.6.2 Set a goal to participate regularly in active play and enjoyable physical activities.
- N-2.8.1 Encourage family members and friends to eat healthy foods and beverages as well as to be physically active.
Lesson Partners: Knowitall.org