Students will define nutrients, physical activity, and replenish. They will discuss why the body needs physical activity and explain the importance of replenishing nutrients after activity.
Are you making healthy choices? It's easy to get 60 minutes of physical activity per day. Can you make up your own dance moves?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
1, 2, 3, 4
Projector to show a video clip
A device per student or student group
- N-1.1.2 Explain the importance of choosing healthy foods and beverages, including water.
- N-1.1.5 List ways to be physically active every day.
- N-3.1.1 Define the six essential nutrients and calories.
- N-2.7.1 Demonstrate healthy food and beverage choices for meals and snacks.
- N-4.8.1 Advocate for others to eat healthy foods and to engage in regular physical activity.
Lesson Partners: Knowitall.org