At the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
1. Define the following vocabulary words: nutrients, vitamins, minerals, calcium, protein, non-fat milk, and whole milk.
2. Identify rich sources of calcium.
3. Describe the relationship between calcium and healthy bones.
4. Identify the Milk portion of MyPyramid.
What about you guys? Did you drink your milk today?
- N-1.1.1 Identify the food groups.
- N-3.1.2 Use the current federal Dietary Guidelines for Americans to identify the number of servings from each food group that children need daily.
- N-3.1.5 Explain ways to be physically active daily and limit screen time.
- N-4.1.4 Explain the interrelationship among food intake, physical activity, and health.
- N-5.1.1 Examine the six essential nutrients, their function, and foods or food groups in which they are present.
Lesson Partners: Knowitall.org