Students will define physical activity and health-related fitness. They will identify fun sources of physical activity through a charades game. They will learn the relationship between physical activity and a healthy lifestyle.
What activities do you like to do with your friends that keep you physically active and healthy?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
Kindergarten, 1, 2, 5
A projector to show a video
A device for each student or group of students with google drive
- N-K.1.3 Explain why the body needs daily physical activity.
- N-1.1.5 List ways to be physically active every day.
- N-2.1.2 Identify physical activities that promote the key components of health-related fitness.
- N-5.1.4 Discuss the benefits of moderate to vigorous physical activity.
- N-5.5.2 Describe physical activities that promote health-related fitness.
Lesson Partners: Knowitall.org