Use the Part I Gilda Cobb-Hunter video to have students strengthen their research and inquiry skills. This handout is another great way to combine social studies and ELA.
- 8-7 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the impact on South Carolina of significant events of the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries.
- 8-7.0 Changes that took place in the United States during the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries revitalized the economy and challenged traditional society and politics in South Carolina. To understand the response of South Carolina to the...
- USG-4 The student will demonstrate an understanding of civil rights and civil liberties, the role of American citizens in the American political system, and distinctive expressions of American political culture.
- USHC-8 The student will demonstrate an understanding of social, economic and political issues in contemporary America.
- USHC-8.0 In the recent past, political views in the United States have embraced both conservative and liberal perspectives. To make informed political decisions about contemporary issues, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in t...