The Eye Wonder team learns more about Aquariums. D.V. visits an aquarium where he learns how much water is in aquarium tanks and how it is filtered, as well as the types of fish in aquariums, how they are obtained and how they are cared for.
- 3.L.5 The student will demonstrate an understanding of how the characteristics and changes in environments and habitats affect the diversity of organisms.
- Life Science: Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems
- 8-1 The physically literate individual demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- 5.P.2 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the physical properties of matter and mixtures.
- 5.P.2B A mixture is formed when two or more kinds of matter are put together. Sometimes when two or more different substances are mixed together, a new substance with different properties may be formed but the total amount (mass) of the substances is c...
- 2.L.5 The student will demonstrate an understanding of how the structures of animals help them survive and grow in their environments.
- 2.L.5A There are many different groups of animals. One way to group animals is by using their physical characteristics. Animals have basic needs that provide for energy, growth, reproduction, and protection. Animals have predictable characteristics at ...
- 4-2.1 Classify organisms into major groups (including plants or animals, flowering or nonflowering plants, and vertebrates [fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals] or invertebrates) according to their physical characteristics.
- Emphasis is on determining cause and effect relationships for how changes to the environment such as deforestation, fishing, application of fertilizers, drought, flood, and the rate of change of the environment affect distribution or disappearance of traits in species.
- 3.MDA Measurement and Data Analysis