This lesson facilitates the process of creating circuits using a squishy circuits kit. Topics covered in this lesson include circuits, conductors, and insulators.
- 3.P.3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of how electricity transfers energy and how magnetism can result from electricity.
- 3.P.3A Energy can be transferred from place to place by electric currents. Electric currents flowing through a simple circuit can be used to produce motion, sound, heat, or light. Some materials allow electricity to flow through a circuit and some do not.
- 6.P.3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the properties of energy, the transfer and conservation of energy, and the relationship between energy and forces.
- 6.P.3A Energy manifests itself in multiple forms, such as mechanical (kinetic energy and potential energy), electrical, chemical, radiant (solar), and thermal energy. According to the principle of conservation of energy, energy cannot be created nor de...
- 4-PS3-2. Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
- 4-PS3-4. Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.