Upon completing this lesson, students will interpret charts, graphs, and illustrations to discover the story of power in South Carolina.
How is electricity generated and distributed in South Carolina?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
• Carbon Footprint Survey (handout)
• Your Carbon Footprint Drawing (handout)
• What Can You Do to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint? (handout)
• Carbon Footprint Virtual Project (handout)
• Crayons, Markers or Colored Pencils in the suggested colors (red, blue, green and brown)
- 6.P.3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the properties of energy, the transfer and conservation of energy, and the relationship between energy and forces.
- 6.P.3A Energy manifests itself in multiple forms, such as mechanical (kinetic energy and potential energy), electrical, chemical, radiant (solar), and thermal energy. According to the principle of conservation of energy, energy cannot be created nor de...