Upon completing this lesson the students will:
• Learn how world events affect supply and demand for petroleum;
• Explore why it is important for South Carolinians to use alternative fuels; and
• Make decisions pertinent to choosing a fuel-efficient car.
How have alternative fuels impacted the economy?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
9, 10, 11, 12
• Alternative Fuels from the S.C. Energy Office (provided)
• Current Year Fuel Economy Guide from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) at www.fueleconomy.gov.
• Internet Access (to gather various price quotes)
• Buying My First Car Worksheets 1 and 2 (provided)
- H.P.3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of how the interactions among objects can be explained and predicted using the concept of the conservation of energy.
- H.P.3A Work and energy are equivalent to each other. Work is defined as the product of displacement and the force causing that displacement; this results in the transfer of mechanical energy. Therefore, in the case of mechanical energy, energy is seen ...
Lesson Created By: GeorgiLucas
Lesson Partners: The South Carolina Energy Office