Upon completing this lesson the students will:
• Examine how controlling solar radiation can improve energy efficiency;
• Discuss home design for energy efficiency; and
• Create their own home design for energy conservation.
How does home design and location affect energy efficiency?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
9, 10, 11, 12
• Handouts (included with this lesson)
• A Bright Flashlight
• A Cardboard Box
• A Magic Marker
- H.P.3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of how the interactions among objects can be explained and predicted using the concept of the conservation of energy.
- H.P.3A Work and energy are equivalent to each other. Work is defined as the product of displacement and the force causing that displacement; this results in the transfer of mechanical energy. Therefore, in the case of mechanical energy, energy is seen ...
Lesson Created By: GeorgiLucas
Lesson Partners: The South Carolina Energy Office