Students can define cavity, healthy food, and snacks. They will describe the relationship between excessive sugar consumption and obesity, diabetes and tooth decay. They also will demonstrate good hygiene to properly floss teeth.
Do you brush and floss your teeth everyday? Are you making good snack choices?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
Kindergarten, 2, 4, 5
A projector to play a video clip
A device per student (or groups of students)
- P-K.1.4 Explain why it is important to brush the teeth and go to a dentist.
- N-2.1.1 Identify eating behaviors that promote health, including oral health.
- N-2.6.3 Set a goal to limit sugary foods and drinks.
- N-4.2.2 Predict the effects of nutritional choices on an individual’s health, including oral health.
- P-4.3.1 Locate valid health information, products, and services that promote personal and community health, including oral health, environmental health, and the prevention of disease.
- N-5.7.1 Demonstrate healthy food and beverage choices along with physical activities that reduce or help eliminate health risks, including obesity and tooth decay.
Lesson Partners: Knowitall.org