Listen to the interactive version of the Bossy Elephant in both English and Gullah. Storytelling performance by Anita Singleton Prather (Aunt Pearlie Sue)
- 3-2 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the exploration and settlement of South Carolina.
- The inhabitants of the early Carolina colony included native, immigrant, and enslaved peoples. To understand how these various groups interacted to form a new and unique culture, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the follo...
- C Communication
- Grade 3: Speak clearly at an understandable pace, adapting speech to a variety of contexts and tasks; use standard English when indicated or appropriate.
- Grade 2: Use and apply knowledge of how inflectional endings change words.
- Grade 2: Use a base word to determine the meaning of an unknown word with the same base.
- Grade 2: Use the meanings of individual words to predict the meaning of compound words.
- Grade 2: Make predictions before and during reading; confirm or modify thinking.