Rudy Mancke and a park ranger answer questions about the Congaree National Park from students during the original broadcast of the Project Discovery Earth Day special. (Part 5)
- 3-1 The student will demonstrate an understanding of places and regions in South Carolina and the role of human systems in the state.
- 3-1.0 People utilize, adapt to, and modify the physical environment to meet their needs. They also identify regions based on geographic and human characteristics to help them interpret Earths complexity. To understand how people interact with the physi...
- 3-5 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the major developments in South Carolina in the late nineteenth and the twentieth century.
- 3-5.0 South Carolina experienced major economic, political, and social changes during the late nineteenth and the twentieth century. To understand the effects of these changes, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the followin...
- 8-7 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the impact on South Carolina of significant events of the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries.
- 8-7.0 Changes that took place in the United States during the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries revitalized the economy and challenged traditional society and politics in South Carolina. To understand the response of South Carolina to the...
- 8.5 Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of world events on South Carolina and the United States from 1929 to present.