Brian McCreight is known as the "Lowcountry Liar Storyteller." He resides in Charleston, South Carolina. He is also a puppeteer, specializing in shadow puppetry, and is a playwright and a published author. He wrote The Legend of the Lowcountry Liar and Other Tales of a Tall Order. He was a children's librarian for 13 years.
- Grade 2: Use the meanings of individual words to predict the meaning of compound words.
- Grade 5: Consult print and multimedia resources to find the pronunciation and determine or clarify the precise meaning of key words or phrases.
- Grade 2: Make predictions before and during reading; confirm or modify thinking.
- RL.MC.5 Determine meaning and develop logical interpretations by making predictions, inferring, drawing conclusions, analyzing, synthesizing, providing evidence, and investigating multiple interpretations.
- RL.MC.6 Summarize key details and ideas to support analysis of thematic development.
- RL.MC.8 Analyze characters, settings, events, and ideas as they develop and interact within a particular context.