Vestrymen of the Catholic Congregation Of Georgetown | History of SC Slide Collection
The vestrymen of the Catholic congregation of Georgetown pose after the dedication of their new mission church, St. Mary of Mercy, on January 5, 1902. The Right Reverend James F. Northrop, Bishop of Charleston, center, celebrated the mass, assisted by Reverend Charles D. Wood to his right, missionary in charge, and to his left Reverend Joseph Budds, chancellor of the diocese, and Francis Clark from Florence, editor of the Saint Anthony Guild. From the Morgan Photograph Collection.
Courtesy of the Georgetown County Public Library.