Morgan Square, In Spartanburg, 1907 | History Of SC Slide Collection

Morgan Square, In Spartanburg, 1907
Image icon Download (60.1 KB)
Share to google classroom

Description/Standards Tabs

Description

Morgan Square, Spartanburg, showing the Confederate monument and City Hall around 1907. First known as "Public Square," it was created in 1787 as a public pasture, and renamed after a statue of Revolutionary War hero Daniel Morgan was erected there in 1881.

Courtesy of the Howard G. Woody Postcard Collection.