Laurens County - Laurens County Training School

Image icon Download (113.69 KB)
Share to google classroom

Description/Standards Tabs

Description

Laurens County Training School opened in 1924 in a building constructed with assistance from the Rosenwald Fund, taught grades 8-11 until 1948.

This school, at first emphasizing farming and homemaking skills, later expanded its curriculum to include more academic courses and became an accredited high school in 1948-49 with the addition of grade 12.

The school closed and was later demolished when Laurens County schools were consolidated in 1954 with desegregation.