The Columns | History Of SC Slide Collection

The Columns, also known as the Rankin or Johnson House, was built near Florence by Dr. William R. Johnson around 1850-60. The full-fa├žade porch of its Classical Revival architecture represents a style popular in South Carolina between 1825 and 1860. Photograph by Carlisle Roberts for the WPA in South Carolina, 1930s.

Courtesy of the South Caroliniana Library.

More in this Series