Brookgreen Gardens, between Myrtle Beach and Georgetown on the coast of South Carolina, was formed when Archer M. Huntington joined together parts of four different rice plantations. Anna Hyatt Huntington was an artist; the gardens were planned as an outdoor museum for the Huntingtons' extensive collection of 20th century sculpture.
Courtesy of the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism.
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into how cultural characteristics are determined by a broad range of factors and interactions specific to a place.
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into how popular and folk cultures are characteristically different and how they vary from place to and from time to time. This indicator also promotes inquiry into how factors influence the location a...
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into how popular and traditional culture shaped landscapes differently. This indicator also promotes inquiry into the ways in which cultural landscapes can be interpreted.
- 3.4.1.PR Investigate the cultural characteristics of places and regions around the world.
- HG.3.4.HS Investigate and evaluate the cultural conditions in different regions that play a role in cooperation and conflict over time.