A well-balanced diet includes all the things that help you grow. Print or download the What’s on your Plate activity and use it to try and have a well-balanced diet for 30 days in a row!
- N-2.7.1 Demonstrate healthy food and beverage choices for meals and snacks.
- N-4.7.1 Demonstrate ways to interpret the information on food labels to plan a meal.
- N-3.1.2 Use the current federal Dietary Guidelines for Americans to identify the number of servings from each food group that children need daily.
- N-4.1.3 Explain the importance of following the current federal Dietary Guidelines for Americans with regard to portion sizes.
- N-5.3.1 Locate resources (e.g., American Dietary Guidelines, American Dental Association, American Public Health Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) that provide valid information on the link between excessive sugar consumption and diseases (e.g., obesity, diabetes, tooth decay).
- N-K.1.1 Explain why the body needs food, including breakfast, and water.
- N-3.6.1 Create a goal to eat a healthy breakfast daily.