Part 4 of the Modjeska Simkins story.
An African American girl born to a half-white, half-black brick mason, Modjeska came from relative wealth and married into wealth, but dedicated her life to helping the disadvantaged to be treated equally.
- 3-5 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the major developments in South Carolina in the late nineteenth and the twentieth century.
- South Carolina experienced major economic, political, and social changes during the late nineteenth and the twentieth century. To understand the effects of these changes, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the following ind...
- 5-5 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the social, economic and political events that influenced the United States during the Cold War era.
- The post–World War II period was dominated by a power conflict that pitted former allies against each other over economic and political differences. This Cold War affected all aspects of American life at home and abroad. To understand the impact...
- 8-7 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the impact on South Carolina of significant events of the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries.
- Changes that took place in the United States during the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries revitalized the economy and challenged traditional society and politics in South Carolina. To understand the response of South Carolina to these ch...
You need to be logged in to listen to view this content. Create an account now; it's quick, easy, and free!Log In to View