South Carolina Baptist Hospital, 1519 Marion Street, Columbia, as it appeared around 1960. The hospital had its beginnings on Marion Street as a private infirmary operated by Dr. Augustus B. Knowlton early in the 20th century. The property was purchased by the South Carolina Baptist State Convention in 1914. Much of the present hospital is the result of post-war expansion in the 1940s and 1950s. From the Baptist Historical Collection.
Courtesy of the Furman University Archives Special Collections Department.