Old Powder Magazine | History of SC Slide Collection

Old Powder Magazine
Image icon Download (92.13 KB)
Share to google classroom

The "old powder magazine," built in 1703 as part of the northwest bastion of the city's original fortifications, was a storage area for arms as Charleston prepared for the Revolutionary War.

Courtesy of the Howard G. Woody Postcard Collection.