Main Street In Branchville, 1907 | History Of SC Slide Collection

Main Street In Branchville, 1907
Image icon Download (51.78 KB)
Share to google classroom

Description/Standards Tabs

Description

In 1842, a branch of the South Carolina Railroad, which had originally been built between Charleston and Hamburg (near Augusta), was constructed to connect Charleston to Columbia. The point of junction of the two lines was named Branchville, located in Orangeburg County. This view of Main Street was taken in 1907.

Courtesy of the South Caroliniana Library.