The Laurens County Courthouse | History Of SC Slide Collection

The Laurens County Courthouse, 1906
Image icon Download (70.9 KB)
Share to google classroom

Description/Standards Tabs

Description

Laurens, carved out of the Ninety Six District in 1785 and named after Henry Laurens (see Henry Laurens), was, like much of the backcountry, settled by Scotch-Irish in the pre-Revolutionary period. The Laurens County courthouse, shown here in 1905, was built in 1838, and remodeled in 1911.

Courtesy of the Howard G. Woody Postcard Collection.