Civil Rights Youth Media Summit: Oveta Glover
Interviewed by Cassie Nelson (Scott's Branch High School) and Tyesha Elder (A.C. Flora High School)
- This indicator was developed to promote inquiry into how the lifestyles of those living in capitalist countries differed from those living in communist countries. This indicator was also designed to promote inquiry into how the rights of citizens differed in capitalist and communist countries.
- This indicator was developed to promote inquiry into how race relations in the U.S. changed due to the ruling of Brown v. Board of Education. This indicator was also designed to promote inquiry into how the efforts of civil rights groups and leaders h...
- 5.4.E Analyze multiple perspectives on the economic, political, and social effects of the Cold War, Space Race, and Civil Rights Movement using primary and secondary sources.
- 5.4.CE Analyze the causes and impacts of social movements in the U.S. and South Carolina.
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into the significant causes of World War I and the factors leading to U.S. involvement. This indicator was also developed to promote inquiry into the effects of the war, to include its impact on the homefront, migration patterns, and continued foreign policy debates.
- This indicator was designed to promote inquiry into military and economic policies during World War II, to include the significance of military bases in South Carolina. This indicator was also developed to foster inquiry into postwar economic developments and demographic changes, to include the immigration of Jewish refugees following the Holocaust.
- This indicator was designed to foster inquiry into the role of South Carolina in the Modern Civil Rights Movement, to include the influence of court cases such as Briggs v. Elliot and Flemming v. South Carolina Electric and Gas. This indicator was als...
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into civic engagement, such as military service, public demonstrations, and political activism, to shape the identity of modern South Carolina. This indicator was also written to encourage inquiry into...
- 8.5.E Utilize a variety of primary and secondary sources to analyze multiple perspectives on the cultural changes in South Carolina and the U.S.
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into how different party platforms evolved following World War II. This indicator promotes inquiry into how the major parties came to represent different approaches to fiscal and political governance as well as social and judicial policies.