Civil Rights Youth Media Summit: Oveta Glover
Interviewed by Cassie Nelson (Scott's Branch High School) and Tyesha Elder (A.C. Flora High School)
- 5.4 Demonstrate an understanding of the conflicts, innovations, and social changes in the United States, including South Carolina, from 19501980.
- 5.4.CC Analyze the continuities and changes of race relations in the United States and South Carolina following the Supreme Court decisions of Briggs v. Elliott and Brown v. Board of Education.
- 5.4.E Analyze multiple perspectives on the economic, political, and social effects of the Cold War, Space Race, and Civil Rights Movement using primary and secondary sources.
- 5.4.CE Analyze the causes and impacts of social movements in the U.S. and South Carolina.
- 8.4 Demonstrate an understanding of South Carolinas role in and response to the dynamic economic, political, and social developments in the United States and around the world during the period 18621929.
- 8.5 Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of world events on South Carolina and the United States from 1929 to present.
- 8.5.CX Analyze the correlation between the Modern Civil Rights Movement in South Carolina and the U.S.
- 8.5.CC Analyze the continuities and changes in South Carolinas identity resulting from the civic participation of different individuals and groups of South Carolinians.
- 8.5.E Utilize a variety of primary and secondary sources to analyze multiple perspectives on the cultural changes in South Carolina and the U.S.
- USHC.5 Demonstrate the impact of Americas global leadership on technological advancements, the transition to a post-industrial society, and ongoing debates over identity in the period 1945present.